Let’s be honest; roofing is not glamorous work. As a matter of fact, it can be downright hard and at times miserable. However, protecting homes is one of the most important and meaningful duties we can provide!
But first, two questions:
Do you care about others and have an overall feeling to protect them and their home?
Can you create a positive experience with the people you work for and with?
If you answered yes to both, this may be a great opportunity for you.
We are a well-established company in the roofing and construction industry that is looking for the services of proactive, reliable, and responsible workers to expand our close-knit team in the greater Grand Rapids Area. This position will challenge you to utilize problem solving and organizational skills and effective communication skills with the office as well as fellow employees in the field. We encourage growth and development and provide valuable training. Positive interaction with clients, repair tech duties and being a supportive team member will keep you challenged and busy. If you are a self-motivated, positive person and desire to be part of a growing organization, this could be your next long-term role.
$14 - $25 per hour, depending on experience.
- Roof repairs involving re-flashing chimneys, step flashing dormers, re-flashing skylights, repairing valleys, patching sections with missing shingles, etc.
- Assist in other roof work such as insulation, venting, gutter & gutter guard.
- Be available to coordinate or perform emergency repairs – some on-call which may involve evening & weekend work.
- Work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision.
- Take before, during and after pictures at job sites.
- Maintain a clean and organized truck with tools in their place.
- Maintain clean and organized warehouse when putting materials & tools away.
- Make trips to hardware store for materials.
- Follow schedule set by Repair Supervisor and communicate any questions, problems, etc.
- Attend weekly Repair Technician meeting to discuss safety, scheduling, work orders, contract fulfillment, etc.
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401 K Retirement plan w/ 100% match*
- $250 per month health reimbursement account
- Best pay in the industry!